Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Year of Imperfection

Another year is about to begin and hope rises anew.  A new start is almost always a welcomed occasion for most of us.  Everyone’s chance to get it right; lose a few pounds, quit smoking, live by the budget, stop sounding like your mother…just to name a few.  All worthy goals and all achievable with the right set of circumstances, help and planning.

There’s one other thing you’ll need for a successful fresh-start: Grace.  Truth is, you actually need grace all the time, not just for a new year. 

Here’s my best prognostication for 2019:  You’ll have some wins and some loses, some success and some failure, some highs and some lows…me too.  I also predict that God will still be in control through all of them, His sovereignty will remain in tact, His mercy will still be yours for the receiving and He’ll graciously provide a way for you to get back on track when make a misstep.

This is life.  Imperfection is part of the gig.  We’re all flawed and hypocritical…isn’t is amazing that God loves us anyway?!  

  • My observation is: I don’t deserve God’s favor on the basis of my actions.

  • Reality is: I’m more loved than I ever thought possible; totally forgiven and blessed by God because of His amazing grace.

Our imperfections reveal God’s grace.  Our flaws demonstrate just how loving God is.  To think that He really knows you for who you truly are in the privacy of your own thoughts, and yet, He wants you anyway. 

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he [God] said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”


If there's something better than being the object of God's grace, I can't imagine what that something would be.  It's going to be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ball Is Coming To You

Allow me a word specifically for men.  It could be for most anyone, but specifically I'm thinking of the men I know: “The ball is coming...